Followers

Friday, September 21, 2012

High School Reunion

On my way to a high school reunion. This evening I'll spend with a dear friend and will lunch with an old friend I haven't seen in YEARS. Tomorrow night is the reunion proper and guess who ordered books too late?

It hasn't been the best couple of weeks. Like the moon, I wax and wane. I'm thinking of paying closer attention to my schedule and keeping it mellow during the dark of the moon. Or was it the flu shot? Or that I've not been taking my calcium? And why haven't I been taking my calcium?

Life can be simple. I can make it so complicated.

I'll drive past the water tower and the high school, both featured in the novel. I'll experience that valley heat. It embraces. I'll drive by the house I grew up in (till I was 6, anyway) - the house I used for Justine's house in the novel.

And during the long drive, I wonder if Justine will talk to me. Wonder what she'd say if she could.


No comments:

Post a Comment